GenSight incorporates extensive workflow capabilities, setup to match your project and portfolio management process. This enables the collection, management and dissemination of information in real time. Tightly coupled to the approvals process, decisions can be made a timely and effective manner.
The workflow features include:
- Automatic notifications sent to relevant people – including gatekeepers, project managers, team managers. This can include notification of project approval/rejection, assignment to a project, change request, time slippage etc. Notifications can be configured based on any status or process flag in the system.
- Electronic approvals process – Project sponsors can submit a business case and approval request directly into GenSight, which will prompt and check for all required information before forwarding the request for a decision. The rules of your approvals process are configured into the system, with full flexibility to vary the process (eg. Light vs full process) according to size and type of project etc.
- Electronic signoff – Gatekeepers can assess investment requests on-line in GenSight. Only properly authenticated users can input an approval decision. When they receive the request, they simply click a hyperlink to go to the business case home page that neatly consolidates all information in one place, together with supporting documents, decision support analytics, KPIs etc.
- Virtual gate meetings – If the process involves multiple decision makers then GenSight will inform all relevant parties and automatically collate their responses. Overall approval can either be validated by GenSight rules of approval, or can be agreed in a conference call or meeting and then input to the system.
- Role associations – For each workflow step GenSight knows which users to notify based on the role individuals have on a project (eg. initiator, reviewer, project manager, gatekeeper etc)
- Alerts and monitors – GenSight can automatically trigger emails to relevant people when a key performance indicator falls outside of acceptable bounds.
- Email integration – GenSight uses email as the communication layer, with embedded hyperlinks that take the recipient to a web page associated with the workflow step. The system is highly efficient, simple to use and is compatible with corporate email systems.