While the world is in flux, the fundamental rules of good business practice – sound processes, firm management and research-based, strategic judgment – are as valid today as ever. What has changed is the business environment, which is anything but simple. Globalization brings with it a new spectrum of competitors and new demands for brand extension and market penetration. Growth through merger and acquisition further complicates the accelerating “network effects” of emergent technologies. And the sheer tonnage of information generated within any large enterprise is enough to obscure the right decision path.
The GenSight® SPA (Strategic Position Assessment) solution can be extended and replicated across multiple business dimensions to produce a fact-based strategic model of an entire enterprise and its industry. This can include drill-down to individual businesses, products, market segments, channels, competitor analysis, current market position, evolution over time, modeling of different scenarios and simulation of alternative strategies. The GensSight solution enables you to model:
MULTI-DIMENSIONAL PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
The GensSight solution supports modeling of complex industry and competitive situations using relationships among a large number of discrete variables and composite scorecards (including market attractiveness, value, product strength, competitive advantage, profit potential etc.) all of which can apply across multiple dimensions such as:
- Market Structure - This can be a complex multi-dimensional structure in its own right with various sub-dimensions such as customer segments, product categories, distribution channels, countries, regions etc;
- Time - Developing insight from the past, and building foresight into the future;
- Scenarios - Plausible alternative futures, or alternative strategies that can substantially influence the evolution of the business environment;
- Competition - Strong inter-relationship effects exist between competitors. GenSight® enables performance and market position metrics to be analyzed and benchmarked relative to existing and potential competitors;
- Technology – Innovation and disruptive technologies can generate significant strategic change at a company or industry level;
GenSight® enables you to think and act in a constructive way about different scenarios that reflect alternative assumptions about the future. “What-if” analyses can easily be created and compared. Strategies can be tested for robustness against alternative scenarios.
The GenSight Group maintains that organizations will only remain competitive and sustainable, if they can adapt to the dynamic conditions around them and learn to think and act strategically in uncertain times. Very simply, those organizations that are the best adaptors today will be the leaders tomorrow.
See also GenSight® solutions for:
- Portfolio Visualization and Animation
- Multi-Dimensional Portfolio Analytics
- Criteria-Based Decision Support
- Predictive Business Modeling
- Resource Optimization
- Project Tracking and Workflow