Today’s business environment is in constant flux, full of interconnected issues and “network effects” that make the future impossible to predict. Developing coherent strategy has never been harder and the world will not wait while you do it. In the face of heightened uncertainty, competition and globalization the fundamental need for good strategy remains, despite the growing complexity, and with the added pressure that it must be done increasingly quickly.
The GenSight Group has developed a comprehensive methodology to master the complexities and practicalities of fact-based strategic planning. The solution includes process design, strategy visualization, software tools, and integration into your business environment.
The GenSight software offers powerful functionality built on an extensive base of best-practice methodologies for strategic planning. The result is that GenSight brings the strategy process to life in a robust and highly visual way, by enabling you to:
- Visualize complex strategic issues from different perspectives
- Formulate a path to the future and monitor key drivers of business performance
- Run simulations to compare alternative strategies
- Align investment programs and projects with strategic goals
- Test business plans against different scenarios and highlight risks or uncertainties
- Track strategy deployment programs against key milestones
Strategic Position Assessment (SPA)
Portfolio decisions and resource allocation priorities are critical to leadership, and indeed survival. The ability to make complex strategic decisions based upon objective and rigorous criteria is essential. GenSight helps you to answer vital strategic questions, such as: Which markets or businesses are the most attractive and why? What products should you grow? How much should you invest and when?
GenSight enables you to evaluate market attractiveness, competitive advantage and financial value in order to develop strategies for market segmentation, positioning and resource allocation. GenSight supports a range of proven strategy models, including:
- Boston Matrix
- GE Matrix
- Directional Policy Model
- Porter Model
- Competitive Advantage
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Value Based Management
Industry and Competitor Analysis
can be deployed throughout the business, resulting in a fact-based strategic model of the entire corporation, your industry, competitors and future plausible scenarios. You can drill-down to see individual SBUs, products, market segments, channels, competitor analysis, current market position, evolution over time, different scenarios and simulation of alternative strategies.
The GensSight methodology supports modelling of complex industry and competitive situations using relationships among a large number of discrete variables and composite scorecards (including market attractiveness, value, product strength, competitive advantage, profit potential etc.) all of which can apply across multiple dimensions such as:
- Market Structure - This can be a complex multi-dimensional structure in its own right with various sub-dimensions such as customer segments, product categories, distribution channels, countries, regions etc;
- Time - Developing insight from the past, and building foresight into the future;
- Scenarios - Plausible alternative futures, or alternative strategies that can substantially influence the evolution of the business environment;
- Competition - Strong inter-relationship effects exist between competitors. GenSight® enables performance and market position metrics to be analyzed and benchmarked relative to existing and potential competitors;
- Technology – Innovation and disruptive technologies can generate significant strategic change at a company or industry level;
GenSight® enables you to think and act in a constructive way about different scenarios that reflect alternative assumptions about the future. “What-if” analyses can easily be created and compared. Strategies can be tested for robustness against alternative scenarios.
The GenSight Group’s vision is based on the belief that organizations will only remain competitive and sustainable, if they can adapt to the dynamic conditions around them and learn to think and act strategically in uncertain times. Very simply, those organizations that are the best adaptors today will be the leaders tomorrow.
Product Lifecycle Management
GenSight® supports the strategic management of products through all stages of the lifecycle, including new product planning and development, market introduction, sales and profit maximization, refresh and withdrawal.
The methodology integrates strategic and financial analysis to identify the most attractive market opportunities and prioritize resource allocation across the portfolio of existing and new products. The solution can also be extended further to prioritize and manage the R&D portfolio of new product development projects.
GenSight Offers a Complete Solution
GenSight is unique in the way it combines advanced business intelligence technology with deep methodology and consulting experience in strategic management. Our comprehensive solutions combine software, methodology and implementation support so that managers can analyze, visualize and solve problems of complex strategic choice. Decision makers can interactively explore alternatives in order to formulate a robust fact-based strategy, and then translate it into action.